Garden tips for this week | Home & Garden
- Control weeds before they produce seeds.
- Kill weedy perennial grasses in the lawn so you can reseed early in September.
- Begin soil preparation for seeding a new lawn.
- Do a soil test before seeding a lawn or planting a new garden.
- Sow seeds of leaf lettuce, radish, turnip (for greens), and spinach for fall harvest.
- Do not fertilize woody plants until after they go dormant.
- Dig potatoes after vines have died.
- Do not cut your grass too short during hot weather.
- Harvest the vegetable garden every few days and share your harvest with those in need.